Northwest MedStar offers a rural and job site registration program as a way to ensure a rapid response to your emergency. When you register with the program, your location (including a diagram of your property, the nearest landing zone and any obstructions) is kept on file in our Communications Center, along with information regarding any pre-existing medical conditions that could affect your treatment. We also make note of the nearest emergency medical service (EMS) provider, who is contacted immediately.
Please note: This service is not intended as a bypass or alternate to your local 911 system; it should be considered a supplemental service that helps the flight team and local EMS providers locate you quickly and safely in a life-threatening situation.
Download and fill out the form(s) below and return to our Communication Center. If you have any questions, or would like more information about the program, please call (800) 422-2440.
- Chest pain or other symptoms of heart attack
- Head injury with changes in level of consciousness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Back or neck injuries with loss of sensation or movement
- Severe burns
- Trauma to the chest or abdomen
- Fractures of the upper arm or leg, or amputation of limbs
- Imminent birth
- Any problem thought to be life threatening
- That you are registered in the rural and job site registration program
- The nature of injury or illness
- The patient's name and the phone number you are calling from
- Weather conditions
- Any hazards near the landing zone (including antennas, trees, wires, livestock)
- VHF or UHF radio frequency, if applicable